Give your floors a boost! QuietBoard Recycled Fiber Underlayment is equipped for all your needs in one sheet!
QuiteBoard provides superior support for multiple types of flooring with great acoustic and waterproof benefits and an added bonus to correct flooring gaps and imperfections. Its dense construction reduces impact noise and those annoying gaps between trim and flooring by raising the subfloor while increasing floor stability and minimizing flex between planks to make floors solid and comfortable under each step.
Combined with our exclusive ECO-WICK System. Our fiber flooring underlayment is designed to hold up to 5 times its weight in moisture allowing the board to maintain its structural integrity, shape, and functionality. Encouraging constant airflow and breathability prevents moisture vapors from becoming blocked or trapped.
Fibers are treated with antimicrobial and integrated with a metallicized film barrier allowing the concrete to breathe, protecting the overlying flooring from harmful moisture and your family from inhibiting mold and mildew while providing thermal reflective properties for better energy efficiency.
Features and Benefits
- Gap Reduction – Helps raise the subfloor when replacing a thick floor covering with a thinner floor as well as reduce trip hazards – Saving time and money
- Superior Sound Reduction – Recycled fibers absorb sound and keep it from traveling to other rooms. Makes click-together floating floors sound solid underfoot
- Moisture Protection – Recycled fibers allow installation over concrete to “breathe” – managing vapors from becoming bulk moisture. The attached vapor barrier protects the overlying floors from harmful moisture.
- Insulating Value – Provides additional comfort to the entire home during seasonal temperature changes.
- 100% Recycled Materials – A patented manufacturing process repurposes post-industrial and pre and post-consumer materials into high-performance underlayment.
- Certified Clean and Safe Indoor Air Quality – No VOC’s (Volatile Organic Compounds) or off-gassing from materials.
- Float It – Can be used with a variety of floating floor types.
- Glue It Flooring – Allows adhesives to adhere for glue down application.
- Compression Resistant – Dense recycled fiber structure supports the click-together mechanism and will uphold its supportive configuration under the consistent traffic of the overlying floor.
- Smoothing Out Imperfections – Firm and supportive but flexible enough to form around subfloor surface roughness, helps to cut down on extra subfloor surface prepping time.